I’m sorry I haven’t posted in a few months. I have a new job and I’ve been mega busy. I did not, however, forget to do my part for the planet.
It’s hard to stick to your eco-conscious goals when you work in an office. There is paper everywhere and the office snacks come in plastic wrappers.
I’ll admit to having forgotten my lunch and needing to go out and buy something in heavy plastic wrap. I’ll admit to printing way more than I’ve ever printed in my life. I’ve forgotten to click the “double sided” button multiple times, leading to an internal panic about how much of the Amazon my office is responsible for….
Despite a few mistakes here and there, I’ve figured out a few easy ways to remain eco friendly in the office.
1. Bring a water bottle. Always. I roll in with my giant HydroFlask- I’m the most hydrated person in this office.
2. It’s obvious, but print double sided when you can.
3. Unplug appliances that aren’t in use. Nobody using the coffee pot? Unplug.
5. Bring a lunch! Bring a reusable fork! Don’t put yourself in a position where you only have time to run to the less than ideal sandwich place on the corner where everything comes in a plastic bag.
6. Ask your office to keep reusable cutlery in the kitchen. That way everyone can skip the plastic forks!
If you have more tips and tricks, I’d love to hear them!